February 25, 2007
This picture shows the wooden/stone dam that was built in the Clinton River during the 1840's . It created a back water to float the canal boat across the river and also to provide power for the mills in the Village of Frederick. The records show that there was only one Canal Boat... The Uncle Peter... that was used on the Clinton Kalamazoo Canal between Frederick and Utica. There is a drawing of what it might have looked like on the mural over the entrance in the Clinton Macomb Public Library.