GEORGE GEORGE MEMORIAL PARK

4235.675'N 8254.332'W

Taken 1969-12-31 16:00:00-08

This is a picture of members of the First Delaware Nation helping to dedicate the new George George Memorial Park on July 1, 2008. The land, in 1782-1786 was occupied by the Chippewa Indians, but the Moravian Missionaries and the Delaware Indian converts, with the permission of the Chippewas and the British, lived in a small settlement on the South Side of the Clinton River. Their gardens included the land of the new park.


Back to the index.