Wellhauseum farm 1895
Farm and Home of Charles and Christina Wellhausen 1895 - Clinton Township, Michigan
In early 1900 Detroit Creamery was buying up farms in Clinton Township attempting to corner the milk market. Charles and Christina decided to sell their farm to the creamery as they were both now 67 and undoubtedly farming was becoming more than they could handle. As part of the arrangement they retained ownership of the farm house which to this day still is standing on what is now called Moravian Drive in Clinton Township. To have an ancestral home still in existence some 117+ years later is very exciting.